2 Day Trek in Mae Wang + Hug Elephant Sanctuary
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
Experience the exotic plants and wildlife deep within the jungles of Mae Wang, Thailand on this two-day tour. Your adventure includes taking a cool swim at a waterfall, visiting an elephant camp, and slowly floating down the Mae Wang River on a bamboo raft. The activities are broken up by several short hikes, which combine for a total of three and a half hours during the entire tour, so you will have plenty of time and energy to enjoy the jungle.
This tour is available daily. Pickup will be between 9 AM and 9:15 AM if your hotel is in Chiang Mai’s Old City and Night Bazaar areas. Pickup will be between 9:15 AM and 9:30 AM if your hotel is within 3 kilometers outside of the Old City. You will return to Chiang Mai at approximately 5 PM on the second day.
- 10:15 AM
- Visit the Baan Kad Market, where the tour guide will purchase food for lunch
- 12 PM
- Experience a Thai food jungle picnic and swim at the waterfall
- 1 PM
- Hike through the jungle (approximately 3 hours)
- 4 PM
- Enjoy a campfire, Thai dinner, and an overnight stay at the Jungle Camp
- 8:30 AM
- Eat a simple breakfast at the Jungle Camp
- 9:30 AM
- Take a scenic walk to the waterfall (approximately 30 minutes)
- 10 AM
- Feed and play with the elephants in their natural jungle home
- 12 PM
- Give the elephants a mud spa and bath in the nearby river
- 1 PM
- Dine on a tasty Thai food lunch and fresh fruit
- 2 PM
- Slowly float down the river on a bamboo raft (about 1 hour)
- 3 PM
- Change into dry clothes
- 3:30 PM
- Depart Mae Wang
- 5 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time as possible at each event depending on the traffic, weather, and other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary. Only the pickup and drop-off times are final.
About the 2 Day Trek In Mae Wang – Elephant Mud Spa And Bath
Your tour will begin with a picturesque trip through the hills of Northern Thailand. The surrounding landscape is very green between August and January and is golden between February and July.
Along the way, stop at the outdoor Baan Kad Market. Here you will experience many sights and smells of the bustling Thai market. Your tour guide will gather some items from vendors selling Thai food and tropical fruit to be later enjoyed for lunch in the jungle.
After a short walk into the forest, your group will arrive at a waterfall. There you will enjoy a Thai picnic lunch while admiring the view and feeling the refreshing spray. You can also cool off by swimming in the waterfall’s plunge pool, which can be enjoyed at any time of the year.
The tour then continues on a scenic trek through the jungle. During the three-hour hike along the nature trails, you will see various wildlife and plant species in the forest, walk over small rivers on bamboo bridges, and pass by rice fields.
The hiking will end at a Jungle Camp in the forest. Here you can rest and put down your bags before relaxing around a campfire with a local beer in hand. Dinner that evening will be another Thai meal eaten under a thatched roof pavilion.
In the morning, wake up early and eat a light breakfast at the Jungle Camp before taking a 30-minute trek to another waterfall. Afterward, you will meet a family of elephants in their jungle home. Feed them their favorite snacks, give them a bath in the nearby stream, and then have fun slathering them with mud.
By now you’ve probably worked up an appetite. Sit down for another local Thai lunch and then relax on an hour-long ride down the Mae Wang River on a bamboo raft. The river’s water levels vary throughout the year, but you can go rafting in all seasons. If you prefer to stay dry, you can enjoy the scenery along the riverbanks and chat with your tour guide instead.
At the end of the trip, you will have an opportunity to change into dry clothes before riding back to Chiang Mai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
- 1 Person: ฿8,400
- 2 Persons: ฿4,200 per person
- 3 Persons: ฿2,800 per person
- 4 Persons and more: ฿2,100 per person
– We require a 50% deposit to secure the booking, the remaining balance is due the day of the tour.
– If you want to book for tomorrow or have any questions please contact us.
This Tour Includes
- Karen hill tribe guide with basic English speaking skills
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- Lunch and dinner on the first day, breakfast and lunch on the second day (4 meals total)
- Basic sleeping accommodations (see below)
- Travel accident insurance
- Safe storage area to leave your luggage during the trek
Note: The Jungle Camp is one communal bamboo bungalow in which everyone will sleep together. The accommodations are very basic. There is no electricity or running water but pillows, sleeping mats, blankets, and mosquito nets will be provided. There is a separate toilet area.
This Tour Excludes
- Drinking water, please bring some cash in small change to buy water during the trek
Note: Soda and beer are available for purchase during select rest periods.
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes and a pair of sandals or flip flops
- A bathing suit and towel
- Two extra changes of clothing (t-shirts, shorts, socks, underwear)
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- A flashlight
- Personal first-aid kit (plasters, etc)
- Personal toiletries including toilet paper or tissues
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Cash in small change for drinks, snacks and souvenirs
- Camera (Optional)
- During the cool season (November to January) the nights can be quite cool. Pack a long-sleeved shirt, long pants, and socks to sleep in.
- During the rainy season (June, July, and August) pack a light raincoat.
- The 2 Day Trek in Mae Wang Elephant Mud Spa and Bath tour is very similar to other trekking tours’ basic accommodations and rugged outdoor activities.
- This tour is suitable for people between the ages of 4 and 65 years old. Because it has a number of physical activities, this trek is NOT appropriate for elderly people with movement problems or families with young children. Participants who want to join in should be relatively fit and be able to walk a few kilometers.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This tour is also available as a private tour. Please contact us for our special pricing.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can fit our Tours to your needs.
Just contact us and we’ll provide you with
all the informations you need.