1 Day Trek Waterfalls Trail in Doi Inthanon Area
- Location: Chiang Mai Province, Mae Sapok, Doi Inthanon Area
- 1 Day Trekking
- Highlights: Trekking, Rice Terraces, Waterfall, Swimming, Karen Village
- Basic English-speaking local Karen guide
- Private Tour
This full-day unique tour will have you experiencing the best activities in Northern Thailand without the crowds. In addition to going on a scenic trek through the Thai jungle, highlights of this tour include walking through green rice terraces (from the beginning of June until the middle of November), trekking along the river, visiting a Karen hill tribe village, and swimming at a waterfall.
- Meet in your hotel lobby
- 8 AM to 8:15 AM : the area of the old city center and Night Bazaar
- 8:15AM to 8:30 AM : within 3 km outside the old city
- 10 AM : Trek through the beautiful jungle (approximately 2.5 hours)
- 11 AM : Walk along and across the first river and visit a waterfall
- 12 PM : Relax while overlooking a beautiful rice terrace
- 12:30 PM : Enjoy a lunch of tasty Thai food in a remote Karen hill tribe village
- 1 PM : Trek through the beautiful jungle and along the river (approximately 3-4 hours)
- 3:30 PM : Relax and swim at a natural waterfall
- 4:30 PM : Visit a second Karen hill tribe village
- 6:30 PM : Return to your accommodation
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time at each activity depending on the traffic and weather. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary.
About the 1 Day Trek Waterfalls Trail in Doi Inthanon Area Tour (WALKING ONLY)
This tour is perfectly designed to allow you to experience all of the best activities in Northern Thailand, including visits to the most beautiful waterfalls in Chiang Mai, in a single day.
After an early morning ride into the countryside, your trekking tour begins. Your English-speaking Karen guide will lead you on a 2-hour trek through the jungle, across a river, and to a waterfall. You will also visit beautiful rice terraces (available from the beginning of June until the middle of November) where you can relax and enjoy the view of young green rice growing in Thailand’s iconic step-like rice paddies.
Next, enjoy a Thai lunch and a brief rest before going on a jungle trek along the waterfall trail. For another four hours, walk along the lush, shady nature trails to even more rice terraces. Come upon another gorgeous waterfall and breathe in the refreshing mist from the falls. For a truly unique experience, cool off with a refreshing swim in the natural plunge pool at the bottom of the waterfall!
Afterward, dry off and the trek continues to your final destination to another larger Karen hill tribe village. There you may observe some agricultural techniques that the Thai locals use to grow their fruits and vegetables as well as watch as other locals weave clothes and silk scarfs.
At the end of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to change into dry clothing before riding back to your hotel in Chiang Mai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included within 3 kilometers of the city center
- If you’re out of town, contact us to arrange a meeting point
- Transportation via minibus with air conditioning and a driver
- Basic English-speaking local Karen trekking guide
- Lunch of local Thai food
- Travel accident insurance
- Drinking water
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals that can get wet
- A bathing suit (worn under your clothing), a towel, and a change of clothing
- A raincoat (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Drinking water
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Money for small purchases
- Camera (optional)
Please click on the chart to help you decide if the season is good for you for trekking, please contact us for more question if needed.
- Because it has a number of physical activities, this trek is NOT appropriate for elderly people with movement problems. Participants who want to join should be relatively fit and be able to walk up and down steep paths and along jungle trails.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This tour is also available as a private tour. Please contact us for our special pricing.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
booking for tomorrow contact us
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.