1 Day Trek Waterfalls Trail in Doi Inthanon Area
- What we’ll do
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- What To Bring
- Additional Informations
This full-day unique tour will have you experiencing the best activities in Northern Thailand without the crowds. In addition to going on a scenic trek through the Thai jungle, highlights of this tour include walking through green rice terraces (from the beginning of June until the middle of November), trekking along the river, visiting a Karen hill tribe village, and swimming at a waterfall.
Pickup will be between 8 AM and 8:30 AM if your hotel is in the Old City or Night Bazaar area. Pickup will be between 8:30 AM and 8:45 AM if your hotel is within 3 kilometers outside of the Old City. This tour is available daily.
- 10 AM
- Trek through the beautiful jungle (approximately 2.5 hours)
- 11 AM
- Walk along and across the first river and visit a waterfall
- 12 PM
- Relax while overlooking a beautiful rice terrace
- 12:30 PM
- Enjoy a lunch of tasty Thai food in a remote Karen hill tribe village
- 1 PM
- Trek through the beautiful jungle and along the river (approximately 3-4 hours)
- 3:30 PM
- Relax and swim at a natural waterfall
- 4:30 PM
- Visit a second Karen hill tribe village
- 6:30 PM
- Return to your hotel in Chiang Mai
Please Note: You will be allowed to spend as much time at each activity depending on the traffic, weather, and the pace of other visitors. Therefore, the times of the activities in the above schedule may vary. Only the pickup and drop-off times are final.
About the 1 Day Trek Waterfalls Trail in Doi Inthanon Area Tour (WALKING ONLY)
This tour is perfectly designed to allow you to experience all of the best activities in Northern Thailand, including visits to the most beautiful waterfalls in Chiang Mai, in a single day.
After an early morning ride into the countryside, your trekking tour begins. Your English-speaking Karen guide will lead you on a 2-hour trek through the jungle, across a river, and to a waterfall. You will also visit beautiful rice terraces (available from the beginning of June until the middle of November) where you can relax and enjoy the view of young green rice growing in Thailand’s iconic step-like rice paddies.
Next, enjoy a Thai lunch and a brief rest before going on a jungle trek along the waterfall trail. For another four hours, walk along the lush, shady nature trails to even more rice terraces. Come upon another gorgeous waterfall and breathe in the refreshing mist from the falls. For a truly unique experience, cool off with a refreshing swim in the natural plunge pool at the bottom of the waterfall!
Afterward, dry off and the trek continues to your final destination to another larger Karen hill tribe village. There you may observe some agricultural techniques that the Thai locals use to grow their fruits and vegetables as well as watch as other locals weave clothes and silk scarfs.
At the end of the tour, you’ll have the opportunity to change into dry clothing before riding back to your hotel in Chiang Mai. There are no additional stops or ‘add-ons’ during this tour.
This Tour Includes
- Basic English-speaking local Karen trekking guide
- Pickup and drop-off at your hotel or guesthouse
- Transportation via pickup truck with driver
- Lunch of local Thai food
- Travel accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Drinking water
What To Bring
- Comfortable walking shoes or sandals that can get wet
- A bathing suit (worn under your clothing), a towel, and a change of clothing
- A raincoat (during the rainy season of June, July, and August)
- Drinking water
- Hat and sunglasses
- Sunscreen and insect repellent
- Any prescription medication you require such as an asthma inhaler or allergy medicine
- Money for small purchases
- Camera (optional)
Please click on the chart to help you decide if the season is good for you for trekking, please contact us for more question if needed.
- This tour is suitable for people between the ages of 12 and 60 years old. Because it has a number of physical activities, this trek is NOT appropriate for elderly people with movement problems or families with young children. Participants who want to join in should be relatively fit and be able to walk for several hours at a time.
- If you have any dietary restrictions or allergies, please inform your tour guide. We can serve vegetarian food upon request.
- This tour is also available as a private tour. Please contact us for our special pricing.
- Tour operated by our Tour Operator Partner.
Pick Up and Drop Off
Complimentary pickup and drop-off is included for hotels and guesthouses within a 3-kilometer radius of Chiang Mai Old City. If you are out of town, please make arrangements to meet us in the city at a predetermined meeting point.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Book Your Tour
Want a Private or
We can customize our tours to your needs just contact us and we’ll provide you with the information you need.