Damnoen Saduak Floating Market – Bridge Over River Kwai
- Kanchanaburi Province
- Highlights: Floating Market, Riverside Way of Life, Bridge over the River Kwai, War Museum, Allied War Cemetery, Death Railway, Floating Restaurant
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Private Tour
฿4,650 / adult
This tour you will visit the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market is a must see for any visitor to Thailand, the location is beautiful, and the traditions are strong. Witness the selling of goods, produce and flowers the way it has been done for centuries: from boats docked along the waterways. We will also visit the notorious bridge over the River Kwai.
Duration: Full Day (7:30 AM – 5:30 PM)
- 7:30 AM
- Meet in your hotel lobby. We must make an early morning departure for the Floating Market, which is located more than an hour west of the city and is the most fun during the morning hours. Don’t forget to take in the scenery during the drive.
- 8:45 AM
- We stop to take a speed boat tour to see a fruit plantation, along with some authentic Thai architecture and the plantation way of life.
- 9:30 AM
- When we arrive at the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, we will see boats of all kinds that the vendors use to transport their goods and sell them to the visitors. Don’t forget to bring plenty of Baht to buy some local Thai products and snacks. There is an option to rent a paddle boat (not included in the tour) to get a closer look at the waterways.
- 10 AM
- We begin the 1.5 hour drive to the Kanchanaburi area.
- 11:30 AM
- Our first Kanchanaburi stop will be on the River Kwai, to see the infamous Death Railway which was built by prisoners of war and forced labor. Feel free to wander around town, take photos and visit the railway. Note: train ride is not included on this tour.
- 12:30 PM
- For lunch we will be treated to a riverside view of the bridge from a floating restaurant, and some delicious and spicy local food.
- 2:30 PM
- We begin our scenic drive back to Bangkok.
- 5:30 PM
- Return to your accommodation.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included in the city center
- Exact pick up and drop off time will be confirmed by email
- Drop off time may vary due to traffic
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles with skilled drivers
- English-speaking guide
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, etc
- All optional tours, such as paddle boat at floating market
- Other services not mentioned in the program
- Children under 4 pay 50% of adult price.
- Children ages 4-10 pay 75% of adult price
- Children over 11 are normal price
What to Bring
- Dress for the weather: hat, cap and umbrella may be helpful.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|