Damnoen Saduak Floating Market – Bridge Over River Kwai
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- Child Policy
- What to Bring
- Additional Informations
This tour you will visit the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market is a must see for any visitor to Thailand, the location is beautiful, and the traditions are strong. Witness the selling of goods, produce and flowers the way it has been done for centuries: from boats docked along the waterways. We will also visit the notorious bridge over the River Kwai.
Destination: Thailand (Bangkok)
Start City: Bangkok
Tour Type: Private
Duration: Full Day (7:30 AM – 5:30 PM)
- 7:30 AM
- Our day starts with an early pick up from your hotel. We must make an early morning departure for the Floating Market, which is located more than an hour west of the city and is the most fun during the morning hours. Don’t forget to take in the scenery during the drive.
- 8:45 AM
- We stop to take a speed boat tour to see a fruit plantation, along with some authentic Thai architecture and the plantation way of life.
- 9:30 AM
- When we arrive at the Damnoen Saduak Floating Market, we will see boats of all kinds that the vendors use to transport their goods and sell them to the visitors. Don’t forget to bring plenty of Baht to buy some local Thai products and snacks. There is an option to rent a paddle boat (not included in the tour) to get a closer look at the waterways.
- 10 AM
- We begin the 1.5 hour drive to the Kanchanaburi area.
- 11:30 AM
- Our first Kanchanaburi stop will be on the River Kwai, to see the infamous Death Railway which was built by prisoners of war and forced labor. Feel free to wander around town, take photos and visit the railway. Note: train ride is not included on this tour.
- 12:30 PM
- For lunch we will be treated to a riverside view of the bridge from a floating restaurant, and some delicious and spicy local food.
- 2:30 PM
- We begin our scenic drive back to Bangkok.
- 5:30 PM
- We drop you off at your hotel.
This Tour Includes
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles with skilled drivers
- English-speaking guide
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Transfer to and from your hotel
- Accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, laundry, etc
- All optional tours, such as paddle boat at floating market
- Other services not mentioned in the program
- Children under 4 pay 50% of adult price.
- Children ages 4-10 pay 75% of adult price
- Children over 11 are normal price
What to Bring
- Dress for the weather: hat, cap and umbrella may be helpful.
- Rates include 10% service charge and applicable government tax.
- Rates are net and quoted in Thai Baht per person.
- Itinerary and show schedule may change without prior notice.
- Exact pick up and drop off time will be confirmed via email.
- Drop off time may vary due to traffic.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|