Bridge Over The River Kwai Tour
- This Tour Includes
- This Tour Excludes
- Child Policy
- What to Bring
- Additional Informations
The history buffs will love this full day tour! We’ll travel to Kanchanaburi to see some of the famous WWII sites, including the well-known bridge over the River Kwai. We’ll also visit the War Museum, the Allied War Cemetery, and board a train to tour the Death Railway through beautiful countryside. From the train we will see some of the original POW and forced labor constructions.
Destination: Thailand (Bangkok)
Start City: Bangkok
Tour Type: Private
Duration: Full Day (7 AM – 5 PM)
- 7 AM
- We’ll pick you up from your hotel and begin our drive to Kanchanaburi, Thailand’s third largest province. The mountainous area is rolling with hills and shares a border with Myanmar.
- 9 AM
- Our first Kanchanaburi stop is at the JEATH War Museum – JEATH stands for Japan, English, American, Thailand, Holland. The museum gives in depth historical information about the Death Railway and those who built it. There’s even a model of WWII prisoner of war quarters, bamboo living areas with tools, photographs, art, and more to show guests what the area was like during that time.
- 9:30 AM
- The next visit on this historical tour is to the Kanchanaburi War Cemetery, where nearly 7,000 POWs are buried. They are mostly British, Australian, American and Dutch who were forced to labor away to build the bridge over the River Kwai as well as the Death Railway.
- 10 AM
- We then visit the most famous part of the Death Railway, the bridge over the River Kwai, which was built by forced labor during WWII. You will be able to walk around the town, snap photographs, and take in the historic, but somber, site.
- 10:45 AM
- Our tour continues with a train ride on the Death Railway, through the scenic countryside and over some of the original wooden construction built by the POWs.
- 12:15 PM
- Our lunch will be delicious Thai food buffet served at a local restaurant.
- 1:30 PM
- Depart Kanchanaburi for Bangkok. Our drive will pass through lovely scenery including farmland, villages and temples.
- 5 PM
- We drop you off at your hotel.
This Tour Includes
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles with skilled drivers
- English-speaking guide
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Transfer to and from your hotel
- Accident insurance
This Tour Excludes
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, laundry, etc
- Other services not mentioned in the program
- Children under 4 are free
- Children ages 4-10 pay 75% of adult price
- Children over 11 are normal price
What to Bring
- Dress for the weather: hat, cap and umbrella may helpful.
- Wear any comfort walking shoes.
- Rates include 10% service charge and applicable government tax.
- Rates are net and quoted in Thai Baht per person.
- Itinerary and show schedule may change without prior notice.
- Exact pick up and drop off time will be confirmed via email.
- Drop off time may vary due to traffic.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|