Bangkok Temple City and Canal Tour
- Location: Bangkok Province
- Highlights: Wat Trimit, Wat Pho, Wat Benchamabopit, Chao Phraya River, Canals, Thonburi
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Private Tour
This tour gives a wonderful introduction to the culture, religion and art of busy Bangkok. We’ll visit three spectacular Thai temples and take a boat tour down the waters of Chao Phraya.
Duration: Half Day (8:30 AM – 1 PM)
- 8:30 AM
- Meet in your hotel lobby and head towards Rattanakosin Island, historic old center of Bangkok that was once the capital two centuries ago.
The first temple we’ll visit is Wat Trimit, home to a huge Golden Buddha that weighs in at more than five tons. Our tour then travels through the hustle bustle of the busy and fragrant flower market before heading to Chinatown. Chinatown is also a busy center for commerce – it’s a great place to buy gold jewelry and have a snack.Our second temple is Wat Pho, also called the Temple of the Reclining Buddha. The temple was built around the 16th century and has 95 beautiful pagodas and more than 1000 images of the Buddha. The big draw is the Reclining Buddha that is 46 meters long and 15 meters high. This temple also served as one of the first universities, teaching the arts of literature, astrology, medicine and massage.
- 10 AM
- Next we will explore Chao Phraya River and surrounding canals in Thonburi with a smooth ride in a long-tail motorboat.Watch the daily life of the riverside from our cruise. Many citizens still transport goods via waterways, so look for merchants as we take our river tour. From our boat, you’ll be able to see a great number of popular sights, including the Royal Thai Navy Dockyard and the Royal Barges Museum.
- 11 AM
- Next we’ll take a stroll down the Royal Way, Ratchadumnoen Road for some city sightseeing. On this road you’ll be able to see many monuments, examples of Thai architecture and famous landmarks such as the Parliament Hall, Anantasamkhom Palace and the Chitlada Palace King’s Residence. We’ll even see the Boxing Hall, where Muay Thai boxing takes place.
- 12 PM
- Our trip will then take us to Wat Benchamabopit, called the Marble Temple in English. This temple is a more modern example of Thai architecture and is well known for its breathtaking works of white Carrara Italian marble. Also at this location is a Buddha image that is a replica of the popularly revered Phra Phutthachinarat.
- 1 PM
- Return to your accommodation.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included in the city center
- Exact pick up and drop off time will be confirmed by email
- Drop off time may vary due to traffic
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles with skilled drivers
- English-speaking guide
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Long-Tailed speed boat for 1 hour
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, etc
- All optional tours
- Other services not mentioned in the program
- Children 3 and under: Free
- Children 4-10: 25% off the regular price
- Children 10+: Regular price
What to Bring
- Dress for the weather: hat, cap and umbrella may helpful.
- Wear any comfort walking shoes.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|