Bangkok Canal Tour Half Day
- Location: Bangkok Province
- Highlights: Chao Phraya River, Memorial Bridge, Canals
- Free pick-up/drop-off within 3 km of the city center.
- English-speaking local tour guide.
- Private Tour
Relax and float along the canals through Bangkok’s local waters on this half-day canal boat tour. We will explore the Chao Phraya River (River of the King) and the canals of Bangkok’s suburbs. We will see the riverside views of Wat Arun, the Temple of Dawn, and explore the narrow canals called klongs in longtail speedboats.
The klongs (Thai: คลอง) are an important part of Bangkok’s infrastructure. The canal is built in the same way as those in Europe during the Renaissance period. It is an excellent means of transportation for the people who live in Bangkok, as well as for visitors.
Bangkok’s canals are sometimes referred to as the Venice of the East because of the canals in the old parts of the city. These canals date back to the construction of the city itself during the Ayutthaya period in 1350. The king created an island in a swampy area by digging a canal from north to south and turned it into a fortified city.
On this tour, we will explore Bangkok’s canals by longtail boats piloted by some of Bangkok’s best captains.
Duration: Half Day (9 AM – 12 PM and 1 PM – 4 PM)
- 9 AM
- We’ll send your English-speaking guide to your hotel to pick you up before we head over to Pak Khlong Talat, a huge wholesale market for produce and flowers. We’ll visit the plentiful flower stalls on Maharat Road. The market is near the Memorial Bridge, where we will be able to see the busy scenes of the morning market.
- 10 AM
- Relax on the Chao Phraya River and Thonburi canals in a comfortable long-tail motor boat. You will be treated to a spectacular and colorful scenery of Thai life along the river banks. Local people still transport their wares by water, and you’ll see them doing so during this part of the tour. From the river we will be able to see the Grand Palace’s beautiful buildings and temples such as Wat Arun, The Temple of Dawn. We’ll also be able to view the Royal Thai Navy Dockyard and old Customs House.
- 11 AM
- Next we’ll take a stroll down the Royal Way, Ratchadumnoen Road for some city sightseeing. On this road you’ll be able to see many monuments, examples of Thai architecture and famous landmarks such as the Parliament Hall, Anantasamkhom Palace and the Chitlada Palace King’s Residence. We’ll even see the Boxing Hall.
- 12 PM
- Return to your accommodation.
- A free pick-up and drop-off service is included in the city center
- Exact pick up and drop off time will be confirmed by email
- Drop off time may vary due to traffic
- Modern, air-conditioned vehicles with skilled drivers English-speaking
- All admission fees as mentioned in the program
- Personal expenses such as drinks, tips, etc
- All optional tours
- Other services not mentioned in the program
- Children 3 and under: Free
- Children 4-10: 25% off the regular price
- Children 10+: Regular price
What to Bring
- Dress for the weather: hat, cap and umbrella may helpful.
- Wear any comfort walking shoes.
Learn more about our cancellation policy.
Private Tour Price
|Group Size||Price / Person|